join our team
Seeking: junior level communications & public relations professional
Anat Gerstein, Inc., a fast-growing communications firm serving the nonprofit sector, is seeking a communications and public relations professional with one to three years of experience.
We are looking for a creative, high-energy self-starter who has excellent oral and written communications skills and some experience with traditional and social media. Candidates must have a strong interest in social issues and follow New York City news on a daily basis.
This opportunity will provide broad exposure to New York City nonprofits. It is a chance to help clients address some of the most pressing public policy and social issues facing the city. We work with organizations that serve cultural institutions, the homeless and people living in poverty, those involved in the criminal justice system, people with little access to healthcare, youth in need of educational supports, business improvement districts, and more. A full list of clients is available here.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Work with senior staff to execute communications programs for a variety of clients.
The junior associate will be expected to develop targeted media lists; draft media materials (e.g. pitches, press releases); assist with managing logistics for press interviews and media events; pitch reporters; help maintain social media accounts; and assist in drafting content (e.g. for newsletters, websites, speeches, blogs).
The junior associate will have the opportunity to participate in brainstorming sessions to develop communications plans and individual project programs. He or she will also participate in client meetings.
This junior position allows for room to grow with the company. We are looking for a new team member to become part of our ambitious efforts to expand the firm and strive for our clients’ success.
Because we are a small firm, the junior associate will gain exposure to all aspects of account work and understand the soup-to-nuts communications needs of nonprofit organizations. He or she will work closely with seasoned, senior managers in an outcomes- and impact-oriented atmosphere.
Qualified candidates must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Desire and drive to deliver the highest quality work with the clients’ best interests and goals in mind.
- Motivated and organized self-starter, capable of managing multiple projects and ensuring successful execution.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Creative thinker always on the lookout for innovative ways to promote a client, program, or story.
- Strong multi-tasker who thrives working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal communication skills.
- 1-3 years in a communications role.
- Strong familiarity with NYC media.
- Experience with managing and building social media accounts.
Please send cover letter, resume, three writing samples, and references to: email@example.com