join our team
Seeking: Communications & Public Relations Professional with 7-10 Years’ Experience
Anat Gerstein Inc., recognized as one of the top communications firms specializing in serving nonprofits, is seeking a communications and public relations professional with seven to ten years of experience to work with some of New York City’s top nonprofit organizations. The role requires providing clients with strategic communications planning and implementation, stakeholder engagement through multiple channels, executive and organizational positioning, and media and public relations. For a client list see www.anatgerstein.com.
We seek a creative, high-energy individual with a track record of creating and executing winning communications campaigns that help organizations achieve their goals. Candidates must be excellent writers, big thinkers, ideas generators, news junkies, skilled presenters, good people managers and have extensive experience with traditional media, including wide contacts and success placing stories.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Develop and execute multi-channel communications programs for a variety of clients, based on clients’ organizational goals. The candidate will work directly with clients and supervise an internal team to ensure goals are achieved.
Client services include the development and execution of strategic communications plans, media relations, social media, donor communications, promotional content development, online and print collateral development, event planning, and more.
The ideal candidate will become part of each client’s team, always working to guarantee the highest level of service.
Qualified candidates must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Desire and drive to deliver the highest quality work with clients’ best interests and goals in mind.
- Motivated and organized self-starter, capable of managing multiple projects and ensuring successful execution.
- Skilled manager and supervisor willing to groom a team of professionals to deliver consistently better service.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Track record in developing and executing successful multi-channel communications programs with measurable organization-related outcomes.
- Creative thinker always on the lookout for innovative ways to promote a client, program or story.
- Strong multi-tasker who thrives working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong media contacts.
- Be persistent, persuasive and personable.
- 7 to 10 years in a communications role, ideally working for in government, or for a PR agency or nonprofit.
Please send cover letter, three writing samples, and a resume that includes three media contacts to: email@example.com