join our team
Seeking: Junior Level Communications & Public Relations Professional
Anat Gerstein Inc., a boutique communications firm serving the nonprofit sector is seeking a communications and public relations professional with two to five years of experience.
We are looking for a creative, high-energy individual who excels at writing, has experience with traditional and social media, is interested in various public policy issues, and easily multitasks.
This opportunity will provide broad exposure to New York City nonprofits and a chance to help clients address some of the most pressing public policy issues facing the city.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Work with senior staff to execute communications programs for a variety of clients. Work directly with clients to ensure communications goals are achieved.
Client services include: media relations, social media, promotional content development, email and online marketing and promotions, donor communications, event communications, and more.
Qualified candidates must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Desire and drive to deliver the highest quality work with clients’ best interests and goals in mind.
- Motivated and organized self-starter, capable of managing multiple projects and ensuring successful execution.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Creative thinker always on the lookout for innovative ways to promote a client, program or story.
- Strong multi-tasker who thrives working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal communication skills.
- 2 – 5 years in a communications role, ideally working for a New York City or State agency or elected official.
- Strong familiarity with NYC media and some media contacts.
- Bilingual a plus.
Please send cover letter, resume, three writing samples, and references, including 3 NYC-based media contacts to: email@example.com