We help organizations reach their goals
At Anat Gerstein Inc., we are outcomes and impact oriented. Following are results of our recent work on behalf of clients:
Attendance & Participation
We develop programs and campaigns that excite people about attending and participating in our clients’ events and programs.
- The Museum of the City of New York saw a 57% weekend and 25% weekday increase in attendance, thanks to a series of press stunts we developed.
- Applications for the New York Community Trust Nonprofit Excellence Awards increased 25% after we designed and implemented a public relations, social media, and email marketing campaign.
We drive donors to take action by creating themes and content for appeals, fundraising campaigns, newsletters, annual reports, and various other publications.
- Project Renewal raised $80,000 as a result of our creative and robust social media and email marketing #GivingTuesday campaign.
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation drew more than 700 participants from 14 states and raised more than $180,000 following our promotions efforts.
- WHEDco tripled its fundraising goal for a crowdfunding campaign due to our press and social media strategy and work.
We position clients as experts and get them in front of the influencers who matter by drafting and placing op-eds and letters to the editor, pitching editorials, identifying clients as trusted sources for reporters, and drafting testimony and statements.
- WHEDco was invited to be part of a Clinton Global Initiative energy work group after we secured a story in The Wall Street Journal and drafted and placed a blog in the Huffington Post about WHEDco’s innovative energy efficiency efforts.
- The Osborne Association secured increased community support for a major new program following our promotions efforts that included an Editorial Observer piece in The New York Times and an op-ed from the Bronx Borough President in the New York Daily News.
- We positioned Urban Justice Center’s Safety Net Project to be a trusted source for reporters. The group received few press requests prior to our efforts, but is now regularly quoted.
We build and effectively engage audiences via our strategic social media efforts on behalf of clients.
- In 2014, we increased clients’ Twitter followings by an average of 67% and Facebook likes by 40%.
- The International Downtown Association generated more than 36,000 downloads of its newly released report and increased its Twitter following by 16% and Facebook likes by 40% as a result of our social media and press outreach efforts.
- The Girl Scouts of Greater New York saw a 30% increase in Facebook likes and a 300% increase in reach after we conceived and launched a 4-month campaign to better engage the organization’s members.
We develop comprehensive advocacy strategies and implementation plans to address policy issues that are important to our clients. The advocacy plans identify key decision makers, on-point messages, and effective messengers, as well as ways to mobilize stakeholders and gain public support.
We also use press and communications to further clients’ advocacy agendas. We secure media coverage in outlets that reach target audiences; draft and place op-eds and letters to the editor; create print and online communications; and recruit, train, and deploy surrogates who deliver clients’ advocacy messages with a punch.
- We provided AARP NY with advocacy strategies and communications services that helped them play a leading role in securing the passage of the NYC law to protect caregivers from employment discrimination.
- Project Renewal secured $287,000 in City Council Finding for a training program that had been defunded by the Council the previous year thanks to our communications campaign that supported the work of their lobbyists.
We help organizations and individuals navigate through public relations crises by providing strategic guidance ─ from a management and press perspective. Our relationships with reporters and editors enable us to turn negative stories into neutral ones. When negative stories appear, we help minimize further adverse coverage.