join our team
seeking: public relations account executive
Anat Gerstein, Inc., a full-service public relations firm serving the nonprofit sector, is seeking to fill a role at the account executive level (three to five years of experience). We are looking for a creative, high-energy, self-starter who has excellent oral and written communications skills and some experience with traditional and social media. Candidates must have a strong interest in social issues and follow New York City and national news.
Anat Gerstein, Inc. is a communications firm that supports a broad array of nonprofits in their work to benefit society. We help local and national nonprofits tell their stories and communicate with key audiences: donors and funders, elected officials, community members, and the general public. Our nonprofit clients assist people experiencing poverty, homelessness and mental health concerns; they provide education, arts programming, advocacy and civic engagement; and they support local businesses and communities. A full list of clients is available here.
The account executive will work with colleagues to formulate and execute communications programs for a variety of clients. Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic communications guidance
- Drafting press materials (e.g. press releases)
- Managing press interviews and events
- Developing stories and pitching reporters
- Helping to maintain social media accounts
- Drafting newsletters, op-eds, websites, and speeches
- Drafting donor and participant communications
- Three to five years in communications (preferably public relations or journalism)
- Creative, strategic thinker
- Motivated, organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong multi-tasker who thrives on working under tight deadlines
- Values diverse experiences
- Strong familiarity with and interest in NYC news media
- Experience with managing and building social media accounts
- Fluency in more than one language preferred
While our firm is working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, typically staff work from our office in Long Island City and travel to clients’ offices and media events throughout the five boroughs.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter that tells us about what it is about our work that has inspired you to apply for this position. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org